A stair stepper is a fitness machine that mimics the motion used when walking up a flight of stairs. This type of activity tones nearly every muscle in your lower body, including your glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves. It also gets your heart pumping, giving you a great cardio workout as well.
While you can use your staircase at home, there are many reasons why it is better to purchase a stair stepper exercise machine instead:
- You might not have a staircase
- You might have other people using your staircase and need to move out of the way frequently
- Using a staircase is considerably higher impact on your knees and joints than using a stepper machine
- There is no risk to your carpet or wooden steps that can occur with prolonged use
- It can be boring to climb the same set of steps over and over again
The best part is that mini steppers are incredibly affordable and are easy to fit into any space, making them perfect for any home gym. You can easily place your mini stepper in front of the television and get a great workout without getting bored.
Purchasing a Mini Stepper
Mini steppers are smaller, lighter, and, depending on the model, can even be portable, so they can be stored out of the way when not in use. You can even purchase an extra one to keep under your desk at work, letting you multi-task and get in a workout while you are working.
Some mini steppers do have handles, but many of them do not. Using resistance tubes while on the stepper can help you get a full body workout, including your upper body. If you have issues with balance or are unable to take steps without holding on a handrail, you should consider purchasing a mini stepper with a handle.
Why Choose Marcy?
All Marcy mini steppers have been designed with you in mind. Its many features mean that you can get an effective workout safely and comfortably at an affordable price point. The features found in all Marcy mini steppers include:
- Hydraulic shocks system
- Non-slip pedals to keep you on the machine safely
- Heavy duty and sturdy construction
- Weight capacity of 250 lbs.
- Electronic display to track strides/minute, counter, timer, and caloric burn count
Whether you are just getting started with fitness or you are an experienced athlete switching up your workout, Marcy has something for you. Contact us today to learn more about Marcy’s variety of steppers and select the best option for your needs!