Weight Benches and Weight Lifting Benches
A weight bench, along with an accompanying weight rack (also called a barbell crutch) is the cornerstone of any home gym. This is especially true if you are seeking to improve strength and want to tone or build muscle. A high-quality weight lifting bench allows you to perform tried and true strength exercises, including squats, bench presses, dumbbell presses, and much more.
At Marcy, our selection of home gym equipment provides you with many different options, so you can get the features you want at a price you can afford.
Best Features of Home Weight Bench Products
What is the best weight bench for your needs? As you begin shopping for this important piece of equipment, consider these important features:
- Sturdy material: As you get stronger, the weight on the bar will increase. Our Marcy weight benches are made with heavy duty steel frames to handle your toughest workout. Additionally, the high-density foam padding in our benches will provide you with extra support and reduce muscle fatigue as you lift. In need of something extra sturdy?
- Olympic and Standard Weight Benches: Before you make your purchase, decide if you want a weight bench and weight rack that meets Olympic or standard protocols. Olympic weight benches, like the Marcy MD-879, have a 300lb max user weight capacity. If you already own weight plates and a barbell, check to see if it is standard or Olympic, in order to choose a matching bench.
- Adjustable Weight Benches: Many Marcy benches adjust to flat, incline, and decline positions. These adjustable benches allow you to program a wider variety of training exercises into your workout schedule that target specific muscles. For example, adjust to a flat position to perform a traditional bench press and then elevate the seat to add incline presses to your routine. Don’t purchase a flat bench and incline bench when our adjustable benches can do both!
- Folding Weight Benches: A weight bench and weight rack, along with your barbell and weight set can take up quite a bit of space in your home. If you are looking for a space-saving option, choose one of Marcy’s folding workout benches, like the Marcy MWB-20100. These benches and workout racks fold up for easy storage after your workout.
- Leg Developer: Get the most out of your weight bench with the addition of a leg developer, which allows you to add weighted leg extensions and leg curls to your fitness routine. The leg developer will help you speed up the development of your quads and hamstrings, so you’ll notice new definition and hit back squat records in no time. Most utility benches do not include a leg developer, aside from our SB-350 here.
- Preacher Curl Pad: Do not skip arm day when you have a preacher curl pad. Choose the Marcy Deluxe MKB-957, with a preacher curl pad, to perform bicep curls, triceps extensions, and more. The simple addition of a preacher curl pad will help you isolate and build these important upper body muscles.
Exercise benches offer so many advantages to your weightlifting sessions that you will be missing out if you aren’t using one. Strength training promotes stronger bones, increased muscle mass, and much more.
Already have a weight bench for your home? Visit Marcypro.com to see our wide variety of fitness equipment that can add to your home gym or directly compliment your current bench.