Treadmills are Perfect for Home Cardio Workouts
Treadmills are an incredible and versatile option for a home cardio workout. Having a treadmill at home makes it easier to squeeze in a workout without ever having to leave your house. And, bad weather, working overtime, or a lack of time will no longer stop you from running everyday.
Things to Consider When Shopping for Treadmills for Home Gyms
- Ergonomics: When using a treadmill, always make sure the belt is a comfortable length and width for your stride. Also, make sure that you can easily reach the display to adjust your speed or incline.
- Adjustability: When running or walking on a treadmill, it is important to be able to adjust your speed or the incline at which you are walking/jogging. Having adjustable options is what will help you get a versatile workout. As your heart and muscles get stronger, you’ll need to change up your workout as you progress in your training.
- Programs: Some treadmills have pre-programmed training regimens to simplify your workout. Just hit a button, and let your cardio machine make the necessary adjustments; all you need to focus on is your long run or walk.
Benefits of a Treadmill Workout
Not enough can be said about the benefits of running and / or walking every day - cardio vascular health, weight management, weight loss, helps control appetite, boosts your mood, and more than can be found from the Mayo Clinic. Heart rate monitoring is one of the most effective ways to measure your progress, but as long as you maintain a comfortable pace, you will benefit from your walk or run.
Best Treadmill for Home
There is a bit of a debate on which is the best treadmill for running with so much new technology out there. Though Marcy has a few different treadmills for sale, one high quality piece of fitness equipment in a great price range is the Marcy Easy Folding Motorized Treadmill | JX-651BW. This top pick folding treadmill contains several great features not normally found at such a great price point, including:
- Easily accessible incline and speed control on the handles
- An LCD console to track speed, time, calories burned, and distance traveled
- Preset workout programs, including the ability to create custom programs manually
- 2 horsepower maximum motor for speeds up to 8 MPH
- Convenient handles for safe start and stop cardio sessions
- Device holder (use it as a book holder or a tablet holder so you can use your favorite fitness app while on the JX-651BW)
- An emergency safety stop
- Running surface / running deck supports up to 250 lbs.
Contact us today to learn more about all of Marcy’s Cardio Equipment and to select the best one for your needs!